Mindfulness-based stress reduction is an eight-week evidence-based program offering secular, intensive mindfulness training to assist people with stress, anxiety, depression and pain.
The program offers a practical approach which trains attention, allowing us to cultivate awareness and to have more choices. MBSR uses a combination of mindfulness meditation, body awareness and exploration of patterns of behavior, thinking, feeling and action.
The MBSR course offers a structured learning process, a kind of protocol, for practicing mindfulness and integrating the practice into our daily lives. The course is based on the practice of meditation, tools from cognitive psychology and neuroscience.
8 weekly sessions lasting two and a half hours and a deepening day of silent practice.
Course / Module content
|Session 1 – Exploring Mindfulness: There is More Right with Us then Wrong.|
|Session 2 – How We Perceive the World and Ourselves|
|Session 3 – Being at Home in Our Own Body|
|Session 4 – What is Stress?|
|Session 5 – Stress: Reaction or Mindful Response|
|Session 6 – Mindful Communication|
|A Day of Mindfulness – Deepening the Practice in Stillness|
|Session 8 – Taking Care of Ourselves|
|Session 9 – Looking Backward, Going Forward|
Next course starts 15.4.2023, in Berlin, Prenzlauer Berg.
Contact me for more details and registration.
Proven Benefits Of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training
- Increased brain activation in regions associated with positive thoughts and mood
- Significant reduction in symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety
- Reduction of psychosomatic symptoms
- Getting out of disturbing thoughts loops
- Identify and change harmful habits and patterns
- Strengthening mental resilience to face challenges
- An increase in positive emotions such as empathy, compassion and patience
- Cultivating mental flexibility
- Improving learning abilities such as attention, memory and concentration
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events